2020 Summer Concert Series Canceled
We regret to report that SMfG has canceled the six concerts that it had scheduled for the forthcoming 2020 summer season in Greensboro, due to the novel coronavirus pandemic.
SMfG had previously scheduled six classical music concerts this summer, most of which we are hopeful we will be able to reschedule for the 2021 summer:
• On July 14th the Horszowski Trio from New York City: “Destined for great things.”—The New Yorker. “Lithe, persuasive.” —The New York Times. “Power players… Memorably monumental.” —Los Angeles Times.
• On July 21st, the Neave Trio from Boston: One of the finest emerging young chamber ensembles in the U.S.
• On July 28th, the Manhattan Chamber Players from New York City was to perform a series of three clarinet quintets by Brahms, Mozart and Weber.
• On August 4th, a mix of classical and popular music by American virtuoso pianist Thomas Pandolfi, who is from the Washington, D.C. area, and violinist Lindsay Deutsch from Los Angeles, who frequently performs as Yanni’s lead violinist.
• On August 11th, the Altius Quartet from Denver, CO; andv
• On August 18th, one of America’s finest and most acclaimed quartets: the Parker Quartet from Boston.
Simply stated, the novel coronavirus pandemic has made it impossible for us to move forward with SMfG’s summer concert season. Notwithstanding that we had an outstanding series of concerts scheduled for this summer, our primary concern is the safety and well-being of our audience, our visiting musicians, and our volunteers who open their homes to host our musicians. We look forward to resuming a full schedule of live concerts in the 2021 summer season, assuming that the current pandemic is behind us by then.
We thank all of our sponsors and donors for their continuing support of SMfG through these many difficult months.
John Loeb • Richard N. Lovett, Jr. • Day L. Patterson Trustees, Summer Music from Greensboro